Monday, November 16, 2009

I was having dinner just now, watching the tv and eating fishballs. And my doorbell rang.

Girl: "Me and my friends are selling ice creams to earn money to buy textbooks."
Me: "I've no money with me and my mom and dad are not home yet so I can't get it from you, I'm sorry."

She smiled and walked out.

You have no idea how guilty I felt. Frankly speaking, I had $10 in my bag. ): You know I really wished I didn't. If so, I would at least a little less guilty. Haiiiii. Actually, I didn't really think about whether or not I had money with me at that point of time. I just thought I couldn't make decisions on my own, probably because I'm so used to it. In that kind of door-visiting situation, that is. Mom and Dad always answers the door.

If I was out, I would have bought an ice-cream from her already.

I was conscience stricken. It felt horrible.

I looked at her as she walked off la, and I found out that her hair was dyed. But I didn't really think about anything else other than - her hair was dyed lo.

Then I told Bb about this, like I always do. Y'know, talk about my troubles and stuff. Well, I'll feel better sharing. (: He'll always tell me to be positive and all, and he did once again.

He told me it might be a fraud. I mean, yes what else can he say. People always presume it's a fraud. And I'll never believe it. What if it wasn't right? Get what I mean.

Then later on, I realised there was more than meets the eye. Her hair. It was dyed. I told him about it and yes, I was certain it had golden streaks amongst the long ponytail. If she really had no money to get textbooks, why would she have money to get those highlights on her hair!!!

But... she looked very quiet and nice. Not like someone who would go around cheating someone's money. I don't wish to doubt her. Whether or not it was a fraud, no one knows except the people involved.

I am aware that looks can be deceiving. But, if everyone thinks this way, then who will help these help when they're in need of help?

Like charity organisations, there are many companies who render help to these people. But as human beings, sometimes we want to depend on ourselves. Looking for help from a big company might just be the last choice for us. It's hard to say. It may not be that simple afterall.

Thats really doesn't quite matter, does it?

If we can help, we should right? (: If it's a few cents or let's say a dollar or two, we should be compassionate and lend a helping hand correct? It's not like you meet these people thrice a week. -_- Or more than that. But if it's too much money at one go, then think twice!!! :D

Sometimes, it's choosing between whether to believe that stranger or not.

And I choose to believe them.

They could be cheating our money just because of pure laziness, we can't control them. And I don't think we should care. Because the bottom line is, we should help each other.

They could be taking advantage of that but well, it's wrong and they know it.

So, will you help?

Hugs & kisses.

No comments: